Working out on your own for the first time can be a challenge. Workout routines can be confusing and eventually become boring. Luckily, virtual fitness has your back! Fitness apps can help you learn new habits and motivate you to stick with your new routine. Virtual races can help you ease into conditioning your body as the app keeps track of your progress.
But what is a virtual race? Take a virtual adventure and learn fun facts as you track your progress during the race. The best part of it is that you can go at your own pace walking, running or cycling your way to the end! You can also take more than one day to complete a virtual race if that's what you would like.
The Yes.Fit Virtual Race Challenge Series are designed to help beginners build stamina, starting with shorter mile races, then increasing the distance over time with 11 virtual challenge series races. Here's a sample of what you will experience:
- Liberty Island is a one-mile race and a great beginning run for all those who are new to virtual races. Go at your own pace and explore Liberty Island and its history.
- Coney Island is a great race for beginners. This 2.8-mile virtual race can be enjoyed while walking or running or a combination, as you condition your body and have fun exploring the legendary wooden roller coaster and boardwalk.
- Kailua Kona on the big island of Hawaii is famous for its Kona coffee. You will challenge yourself here with a 6.4-mile virtual race along the virtual white sand beaches for an exciting adventure.
We have some other, fun virtual races to offer beginners who are starting out, where you can continue to challenge yourself as you improve in strength and stamina.
- Zeus Virtual Race: In Greek mythology, Olympus was the home of the Twelve Olympian Gods of the Ancient Greek World and their fierce leader Zeus. Join us on this 18.9 mile walking trail and learn a little about these mythological Gods along the way.
- Peter and Wendy:Join us for this 18.1 mile-journey, as we venture to London where J.M. Barrie wrote the now iconic story. Explore Kensington Gardens, Great Ormond Street Hospital, and Bloomsbury.
- Sleeping Beauty: Is another magical 20.8 mile race, located in the Loire Valley, France. This race is centered around the Chateau d’Ussé which is the castle that inspired the author Charles Perrault to write ‘Sleeping Beauty'.
With each race, you will see yourself getting stronger and staying motivated with rewards along the way.
While each race can be purchased independently for a much smaller fee than an in-person race, they also offer a low-cost membership with loads of fitness challenges and targeted workouts. So, head over to our site or app today and begin your virtual adventure. Getting in shape has never been more fun!