Best Green Smoothie Ever!
The recipe comes in around 270 calories and has a whopping 20 grams of fiber per serving from all that produce, which helps give it some staying power. It's recommended that women get 25 grams a day and men 28 grams. It also adds up to deliver 9 grams of protein (yes, fruits and veggies contain some protein!), 1000% of the daily value for vitamin A and 80% of the daily value for vitamin C, plus other nutrients, which is no surprise with all that produce.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 whole banana
- 1 whole apple (core removed)
- 1 whole pear (core removed)
- 1 whole lemon (rind removed)
- 1/2 cup pineapple (for a little extra sweetness optional)
- Celery (optional)
- Almond butter (optional)
- Roughly chop the romaine and add it to your blender with the spinach, coconut water banana, apple pear, lemon and the other optional ingredients if using.
- Once that's all blended, divide evenly into two large glasses or water bottles. Pop one in the fridge for tomorrow and enjoy the other!
Drink this and Lettuce Romaine Calm!