Chicken Quinoa kale Salad
Ready in 40 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic/herb seasoning, divided
- 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 1/4 cups chicken stock (or broth)
- 5 cups fresh kale, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Caesar dressing, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pink (or kosher) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat a large stockpot on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Season chicken with 1 teaspoon garlic/herb seasoning (wash hands). Place oil in pan, then add chicken; cook 4–5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Place stock and quinoa in the large stockpot; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes. Meanwhile, remove stems from kale, then chop leaves.
- Stir kale into quinoa and cover; cook 8 more minutes. Transfer mixture to a large serving bowl; fluff with a fork and let stand to cool slightly.
- Stir in 1/4 cup dressing, salt, and pepper. Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup dressing over top; sprinkle with cheese. Add chicken and serve.
I like to add some fresh parsley and cherry tomatoes, but try adding some other of your favorite veggies.