Are you in the mood for something delicious and healthy? Then you're in store for such a yummy treat. This recipe is easy to make and definitely will fuel your races .
Ready in 45 minutes
Serves 8 Tacos
- 1 lb. potatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 15 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can refried beans
- 8 taco-sized flour tortillas
- 2 cups lettuce chopped
- 2 avocados diced
- Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce*
- cilantro, limes for serving
Jalapeño Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- 1-2 jalapeños to taste
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- salt to taste
- Add the chopped potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil and cook potatoes until fork tender (approximately 15-20 minutes). Drain the potatoes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, potatoes and taco seasoning to the pan and toss to combine. Press the potatoes down into the pan and turn heat to medium.** Allow potatoes to cook for 5-7 minutes without touching them. Lift a corner of the potatoes with a spatula – if crispy, flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking add the black beans and refried beans to a pan over medium heat. Stir to combine. Once heated through, turn heat to low.
- Prepare the Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce according to the instructions and set aside.
- Wrap the tortillas in a paper towel and heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- To assemble, add a layer of beans to each tortilla followed by potatoes, lettuce, avocado and Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce. Serve with cilantro and lime wedges.
**Jalapeño Cilantro Dipping Sauce
Add all of the ingredients to a food processor. Blend on high. Scrape down the sides and blend again. Taste and adjust salt as needed.