Sweet Potato Waffles
Super yummy quick make ahead breakfast that taste like pumpkin pie!
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 12 waffles
1 waffle -141 Calories
- 8 cups sweet potato grated (patted dry)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar or sugar substitute optional
- ⅓ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅓ teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning
- olive oil spray for greasing
- In a food processor blend together grated sweet potato, sugar, seasoning and cinnamon.
- Add egg until blended
- Remove mixture put into a bowl use an ice cream scooper to scoop mixture into the waffle iron.
- Heat mini waffle iron, then spray with olive oil to keep waffles from sticking. Cook waffles until golden and crispy (about 5 minutes or more) then serve with your favorite toppings- savory or sweet!
I use Land o'Lakes sugar- free whipped cream, top with blueberries, and sugar free syrup.
Also for a more savory meal ditch the sugar, cinnamon and seasoning and add ½ teaspoon of salt to the mixture. Top with some arugula and drizzle your favorite dressing. You can even use them as buns for your favorite veggie burger or grilled chicken sandwich.