VEGAN POTATO CAKES WITH CARROTS AND RICE
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 16 cakes
- 2 ½ cups potatoes russets
- 1/2 cup rice
- 2 onions diced
- 2 carrots grated
- 5 tbsp. parsley chopped
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- Boil peeled potatoes until soft, and mash them.
- Cook the rice.
- Sauté onions and carrots until they're soft.
- In a bowl combine the mashed potatoes with the cooked rice, sautéed carrots and onions, parsley and season with salt to taste. Divide the mixture into 14-16 portions and shape balls then flatten into cakes using your hands.
- Fry in vegetable oil until the cakes are golden and crispy (the mixture will be very soft so be careful not to break the cakes while frying). Serve Hot!