Apple Cinnamon Energy Bites
Perfect easy and healthy grab-and-go snacks! They're full of yummy flavors, gluten free, refined sugar-free and so easy to customize.
11 energy bitesCalories: 167cal
- 1/4 cup natural creamy almond butter slightly heated
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups quick oats gluten free as needed
- 3/4 cup rolled oats gluten free as needed
Optional Add-Ins (no more than 1/2 cup):
- ground flax seed or chia seeds
- chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, mix together heated nut butter and honey until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until well combined. Add optional add-ins, if desired.
- Wet hands slightly and form dough tightly into 1" - 1.5" balls. If the dough doesn't stick together add 1/2 tablespoon water (or melted coconut oil) at a time until dough comes together or place dough in the fridge for 30 minutes prior to forming dough balls so it's easier to handle.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer until ready to enjoy.