Gluten-Free Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
Ready in 1 hour and 10 minutes
Serves 8-12 people
215 Calories 9 Net-Carbs
- 2 cooked skinless chicken breast, preferably organic, shredded or cubed
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or melted grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1/2 cup Organic Whole Milk Cottage Cheese or you can use your favorite Organic Ricotta Cheese
- 3/4 cup Organic Cultured Sour Cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, preferably organic - divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tsp sea salt 1 1/2 tsp garlic granules or garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups fresh organic spinach
- 18oz artichoke hearts, halved
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish with healthy fat of choice and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked shredded chicken, healthy fat of choice, cottage cheese and sour cream. Give it a quick stir to combine. Add 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese, parsley, sea salt, garlic, thyme, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir until fully combined and evenly distributed. Gently fold in the spinach and artichoke hearts just until combined.
- Pour mixture into greased casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese over the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes, or until the cheese on top is lightly golden brown. Let the casserole sit for 10 minutes before serving.
*You can even use shredded rotisserie chicken.
* If you aren't Gluten- Free, toast some french bread to go along with it.