Strawberry flavored, energy packed, and made with just five ingredients. Perfect for a quick snack or for a whole foods dessert.
Makes -13 91 Calories
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 4 medium strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, dry
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes
- Combine all ingredients, except the coconut flakes, in a food processor. Process until almonds are broken up into tiny pieces (not fully ground) and the ingredients form a paste-like consistency. You should be able to form the dough into a ball without too much sticking to your hands. Form into 13-14 ping pong sized balls and let rest in the fridge for about an hour*.
- Pulse the coconut flakes in a food processor, or chop up finely by hand until they are broken down into small pieces. Roll the chilled balls in the coconut flakes. Store in fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!
- The energy bites don't have to rest in the fridge, it just makes the coconut flakes stick more easily. I also think they taste best chilled.
- Slivered almonds are almonds that have been thinly sliced (this will make it easier for them to break down). You can find them in the baking aisle of most grocery stores.
- I recommend using a food processor, but if you don't have one you can use a high-powered blender. Use a blender that is strong enough to break down nuts.
- Fresh or frozen strawberries can be used.
- To freeze, use parchment or wax paper to make layers between energy balls (this will prevent them from sticking together). Keep frozen in an air-tight container for up to 3 months.