Ground Turkey Lettuce Wrap Tacos
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 servings
Calories 373 cal
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion finely chopped, divided
- ½ cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey 93/7
- I pkt taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup salsa mild or medium
- 8 Romaine lettuce leaves*
- 1 large avocado finely diced
- 1 cup tomatoes finely diced
- 1 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- ¼ cup green onions
- 1 can of Black Beans
- In a large skillet over medium heat combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, bell pepper, and ½ cup onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes, or until onions become translucent.
- Push vegetables to the side of the pan and add last tablespoon of olive oil and ground turkey. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through. Mix vegetables with ground turkey once fully cooked.
- Add taco seasoning, ½ cup cilantro and ¼ salsa, stir well, and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and let turkey taco mixture simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Cook black beans in small pot add 1/4 cilantro and ¼ onion, 1/4 salsa, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 10 minutes medium high heat.
- When ready to serve, fill each lettuce cup up with equal amounts of ground turkey mixture and top with black beans, cheeses, avocado, tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Add some tortilla strips for a nice crunch