Prep time: 10 mins
Refrigerate: 3 hours
Total time: 3 hours 10 mins
This no-bake, make-ahead treat is just what your meal plan is missing! The combination of rolled oats, ground flaxseed, banana, almond butter, maple syrup, and chocolate chips create a delectable and wholesome snack that won’t disappoint!!
It’s easy too, all you do is mix together all the ingredients! A little patience is required too. The batter will need to rest in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to allow it to firm up. This gives the oats and chia seeds time to soak up the wet ingredients and helps when forming the balls.
These tasty morsels are great for breakfast, before the gym, or even as a quick snack in between meals.
- 1¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl mix together all of the ingredients. Cover and let the batter rest in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Form into 20 balls. It helps to have your hands a little wet as you roll the balls.
- Enjoy for breakfast or snacks.
Serving size: 1 energy ball
Sugar: 5 grams