Vegan Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 2.5 tablespoons water
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flaxseed and water. This is your flax egg.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, brown sugar, canola oil, flax egg and soy milk until smooth.
- Add the flour, sprinkle the baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves on top of the flour. Stir with a large spoon or spatula, gently, until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then transfer the loaf to a cooling rack. Slice carefully right away, or let cool completely for easier slicing and serving.