Soft And Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
Ready in 27 minutes
Makes 60 cookies
116 calories for 2 cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 5 1/2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup extra sugar for rolling dough
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, brown sugar, molasses, and buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed sugar mixture and mix well.
- Roll the dough into balls and then roll the balls in sugar.
- Place the cookie dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 11-12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack and then store in an airtight container.